Friday, September 12, 2008

New Orleans Reflection by Jen McDermott

As the trip for New Orleans was drawing near I became very nervous. I was so scared that I wouldn't have fun and people would be mean. When I arrived at the train station my nerves calmed down and everyone was very welcoming to me. Then all we had was the 19-hour train ride and we'd be in New Orleans. Although I had a blast on the train I was relieved to get off. My first day of work was fun, tiring, challenging and HOT! Each day when I would drive to my worksite and look out the window I couldn't even imagine being in these peoples situations. I couldn't believe how bad this city still was. During this trip I experienced very sad moments, but also very happy! I had a blast the whole entire trip and wouldn't take anything back not even the ridiculous train then bus ride home. Thank you to everyone who made this trip possible.

No comments: