Thursday, May 15, 2008

Confirmation Devotions 3

This week three of our five Daily Devotions at Fourth Church were written by the youth of Fourth Church Rising on our spring retreat two weeks ago. I am really proud of the devotions these youth wrote and I hope you will enjoy them too.

Scripture Reading: John 15:1–7

Reflection
We are the vine branches, Christ is the vine, and God is the vine tender, and the fruit that we bear represents our faith and good deeds. When we stray from God, we begin to wither, like a plant without sun. But when we abide in Christ, and Christ abides in us, we grow and flourish. Jesus laid down his life for us in the ultimate expression of unconditional love and with the hope and expectation that we will share that love with the world. In Christ, God gave us a new covenant that elevated us from servant to friend.

During this year of confirmation, Christ has made his love known to us and delivers us from sin. Although we are still imperfect, he heals us along the way. This year, we have learned certain truths about God and have a deeper understanding of how important our relationship with him is to us in our life journey.

Prayer
Dear Lord our God in heaven, I am like a branch on the vine, and you are the vine tender. Your love and grace help me to bear fruit. Without you, I will wither and die. Thank you for your Son, our sun, Jesus. Thank you for the love you have shown me. I abide in you, and you abide in me, and I will share your love with the world. In Christ's name I pray this. Amen.

Written by Kerry Grady and Kathi Rodak’s Circle: Maddy Campion, Henry Feldman, Adam Ringwood, Hannah Sharpe, and Will Wardrop. Other members of this Circle: Zach Antonio, Lizzie Guynn, Emily Vander Weele, and Taylor Crowl.

No comments: